Woven’s Time-Off Request feature allows team members to submit their time off requests and allows managers to approve or deny those requests. It also enforces your location’s time-off policies, so managers don’t have to play the bad guy!
Team members can submit time-off requests by following the below steps:
1. Log into your Woven account which will take you to your home page.
2. Select the “Submit Time Off Request” option under the “Quick Actions” section. You will be taken to your “My Schedule” page.
3. Select the “+ New Time Off Request” option.
4. Under the “New Time Off Request” menu, fill out the following:
a) Start Date/Time – Select the first day or start time that the team member wants to take off from work.
b) End Date/Time – Select the last day or end time that the team member wants to take off from work
PRO TIP: If you’re just wanting to take one day off, choose the same date for your “Start Date” and “End Date” fields. For example, if you want to take off December 31, 2020, select “12/31/20” for your “Start Date” field as well as your “End Date” field.
c) Reason – Choose from a list of reasons why you’re requesting time off from work.
d) Position-Specific Question – You may or may not see a question for you to answer on your “New Time Off Request” section. If you do see a question, please answer it.
e) Who is Covering Your Shift? – You may or may not see this question. If you do, please select a team member who is free and willing to cover your shift.
f) Comments – You may leave a comment for your manager to view as they determine whether to approve or deny your time-off request.
5. Before submitting your request, review the information on the right-hand side of your page. This information will:
a) Inform you of how many days have you submitted or taken off out of the total number of days you are allowed.
b) Notify or warn you about any issues with your request. For example, the system will warn you if you will exceed the allowable amount of time off for your position
6. Once you have reviewed all information you’ve provided, select the “Submit Request” button to send your time-off request to your manager.
7. You’ve now completed your time-off request. Once your manager has approved or denied your request, you will be notified of their decision by email.
PRO TIP: You can see all of your time-off requests on your “My Schedule” page. A green circle next to your time-off request indicates that it’s been approved. A yellow circle indicates that your manager hasn’t yet reviewed your request, and a red circle indicates that your manager denied your request.
How does it work for managers?
Once a team member has submitted their time-off request, the system will notify managers by email. Managers can then approve or decline the request by following the below steps:
1. Log into your Woven account.
2. Under the “MANAGEMENT” section, click on the “Schedules” option.
3. Now on the “Schedules” page, you’ll see a calendar. Search for the date(s) that the team member requested off.
4. Click on the date (or one of the dates if the team member requested more than one day off). To the right of the calendar, the system will show the team member(s) who have requested that day off.
5. Select the team member for whom you want to accept, deny, or withdraw & delete their time-off request.
6. You should now see the details of that team member’s time-off request. If you see a “Notifications & Warnings” alert, click on its carrot to view notifications or warnings about this request.
7. Once you’ve made your decision, click on the “Accept,” “Reject,” or “Withdraw & Delete” button.
a) If you accept, you’ll see a green banner with an “Approved on MM/DD/YYYY” message for the team member’s request.
b) If you reject, a pop-up box will appear asking you to provide the reason why you are rejecting the time-off request. Provide the reason (note that this will be visible to the respective team member) then click the “Reject” button. You’ll next see a red banner with a “Rejected on MM/DD/YYYY” message for the team member’s request.
c) If you withdraw & delete a pop-up will appear asking if you are sure you would like to withdraw and delete this request.
TROUBLESHOOTING: If you do not see the option to “Withdraw & Delete,” check with your system admin as this action requires the appropriate permissions.
To get your Time-Off Request to reflect your Time-Off policies, review the help article Instructions for Configuring Settings for Time-Off Request Feature in Woven.