The “Reasons” tab in Work Orders Settings is the linchpin to Work Orders. Without work order reasons, you are unable to submit a work order of any kind. When a work order is submitted, you are asked to select a reason for submitting the work order, and in the “Reasons” tab of work order settings is where you define these reasons and associate them to specific asset categories and trades. To get to the “Reasons” tab:
- Click “Work Orders” under the management menu.
- In the upper right-hand corner, click “Settings.”
- Click the “Reasons” tab.
Now on the “Reasons” tab, you can view all of the reasons that have been added as well as create new reasons. To view/edit a reason, you can click the reason. If you would like to create a new reason:
- Click “+Add Reason”
- Enter in the name of the reason.
- Click the “Add Work Order Reason” button
You will be taken to that new “Reasons” details page. Here you may define:
- Work Order Priority Override – By choosing a priority here (Low, Normal, High, or Critical), any work order that has this reason selected will automatically be assigned the priority you choose here. If you keep “None” selected, the priority for a facility-based work order will default to a work order priority of “Normal” and the priority for an asset-based work order will default to the priority of that assigned asset’s category.
- List Color – The list color appears under the “Reason” column in the table on the “Work Orders” tab. Color helps the Maintenance team to more quickly distinguish what kind of work orders they have to address.
- Is Emergency - This toggle will mark this specific reason as an emergency reason. If the reason is marked as an emergency reason, then only team members with the correct permissions can view/use the emergency reason when submitting a work order.
- “This reason applies to the following asset categories” field – pick any asset category(ies) that are affiliated with this reason.
- “This reason applies to the following trades” field - pick any trade(s) that are affiliated with this reason.
- “Notifications should be sent to these additional positions” field – Work Orders created with this reason will have its notifications sent to any positions listed here in addition to the positions configured in the account settings.
- Questions – you have the option to pose a question(s) to team members who submit a work order with this reason selected. These questions can be used to gather additional information about the impacted asset or facility issue.
- To add a question:
- Click “+Add Question”
- Type out your question in the “Question” field.
- Select the type of question you are posing:
- Yes/No – the question will be answered using either “Yes” or “No”
- Date – the question will be answered by inputting a date
- Free Text – the question will be answered by typing a response in a text box.
- Select the in order in which you want your question to display (e.g., choose “1” if you want the question to display first, choose “2” if you have two questions and want this question to display second).
- Mark if you want this question to be required or not.
- Click the green “Add Question” button
- Suggestions – you have the option to share suggestions for how to address the work order before submitting it to team members who opened a work order and selected this particular reason.
- To add a suggestion:
- Click “+Add Suggestion”
- Enter in the name of the suggestion.
- Type out what you would like for the suggestion to say in the “Suggestion” text box. Here, you can also upload images or videos to better illustrate how to implement the suggestion.
- Select the in order in which you want your suggestion to display (e.g., choose “1” if you want the suggestion to display first, choose “2” if you have two suggestions and want this suggestion to display second).
- Click the green “Add Suggestion” button.
If the reason you have entered in Woven is no longer applicable, you can delete the reason if you have the correct permissions. To delete a reason:
- Click the yellow “Actions” drop-down after selecting the reason.
- Click “Delete Reason.”
- A pop-up will ask you to confirm the deleting of the reason. Click the red “Delete” button.