The “Parts” tab in the Parts feature is where you may add and define (track their manufacturer, their unit of measure, cost, etc.) parts that will make up your Location, Vehicle, and Warehouse inventories. To get to the Parts “Parts” tab:
- Click “Parts” under the Maintenance menu.
- Click the “Parts” tab.
The “Parts” tab lists all the parts that have been defined for tracking in any inventory captured in Woven. You may also add parts in this tab. To add a new part to Woven:
- Click “+ Add Part.”
- Enter the name of the part.
- Enter the part number.
- Click the green “Add Part” button to navigate to its page where you can further define the part.
In the “General” tab of the part’s page, you will see “Part Details” and “Part Vendors” Sections. The “Part Details” section contains:
- The status of the part (i.e. if the part is active or inactive). To deactivate a part, click the yellow “Actions” drop-down and then “Deactivate Part.” A pop-up window will ask if you would like to deactivate the part. Click the red “Deactivate Part” button.
- Part Number – The part number is the number given for the part
- Name of the part.
- Manufacturer – This is where you will select the name of the manufacturer who produces the part.
- Unit of measure – This defines how the part is counted/ordered (e.g., each, dozen, package).
- Default par level – Par level indicates when you may need to restock a part. The par level is the minimum amount of a particular part that should be available in the inventory at all times. If the part’s count dips below the “Par Level,” you may need to restock that part to bring it up to its par level.
- Default Cost – This is the default cost for that part at its unit of measure (e.g., $2 each, $10 per dozen, $19.99 per package).
- Default in Location Inventories – If yes, Location inventories may include this part.
- Default in Vehicle Inventories - If yes, Vehicle inventories may include this part.
- Default in Warehouse Inventories - If yes, Warehouse inventories may include this part.
- Image - This is where you can add an image of the part. To add an image to a part, you can either and drag or drop the image into this box or select “Click to Browse” and browse your computer for the image of the part.
The “Part Vendors” tab is where you can add vendors that supply the part. To add a vendor:
- Click “+ Add Vendor.”
- Select the vendor.
- Enter the part number that the vendor uses for that part (it may differ from the part number that your company uses for the part).
- Enter the cost of the part at its unit of measure (e.g., $2 each, $10 per dozen, $19.99 per package).
- Click the green “Add Vendor” button.