Watch this short video to learn how to submit a Work Order for an asset:
Submit a work order when an asset (e.g., a piece of equipment, a facility’s asset, a mechanical asset, or a vehicle) requires unscheduled maintenance. After submission, the location’s assigned Maintenance Manager will be notified as well as any other designated contacts and should work to address the issue(s).
To submit a work order on an asset:
- Select “Work Orders” under the “Maintenance” menu
TROUBLESHOOTING: If you do not see “Work Orders” under the MAINTENANCE menu or you don’t see the MAINTENANCE menu, you do not have the permissions to use the Work Orders feature. Contact your account administrator for access.
- Select “Submit Work Order”
- A pop-up window will appear and on it:
- Keep “Asset” selected in dark blue
- If available, choose the location where the maintenance is needed
- Click “Continue”
- Identify the asset that needs maintenance.
- If you know the asset tag number, it’s serial number, or if it has a known room number, enter it in the text box then select the “Find Asset” button.
- You can also just click the “Find Asset” button without entering information to scroll through all the assets at this particular location.
- Click the “Continue” button after identifying the asset that needs the work order.
- Now on the new work order’s submission page:
- Select the reason why you’re submitting the Work Order.
- You may see additional questions specific to the reason for submitting the work order. Please answer these questions if they appear.
- You may see suggestions on how to address the work order on your own before submitting it. Review and apply each suggestion. If the suggestions do not work or no suggestions appear, please continue to submit the work order.
- If the asset is inoperable, choose the “Inactive” status; otherwise, keep “Active” highlighted in green
- Type in a few details about the issue in the comment box.
- If you have any pictures, documents, or any other reference files, you can upload them to the “Drop Files” box. Drag and drop the file into the upload box or click within the box to browse and select the file.
- Click the “Submit Work Order” button
You’ve successfully submitted a work order. The location’s Maintenance Manager will be automatically notified of this issue.
PRO TIP: Woven can alert other team members of a new work order besides just the location’s maintenance manager. Set up Woven to automatically notify team members of certain positions by going to the “Notifications” tab in your Account Settings. Click the arrow on the “Work Order Related” heading and list the position(s) for all relevant notifications.
After you have submitted the work order, Woven will navigate you to that newly submitted work order’s main page where, if you have the appropriate permissions, you can continue to make updates to the work order including: marking other assets related to the work order, identifying vendors, uploading invoices, and more. Learn more about managing work orders.