When preparing to launch the Time-Off Request feature to your team members, you should first input the number of days each team member has already used up for the year (since January 1). This allows the Time-Off Request feature to properly show team members how many days remain that they can take off.
To quickly accomplish this, enter just one time-off request for all days that the employee took off. For example, let’s say Jill took 3 vacations since January 1. For each vacation, she took off 2 days, so in total, Jill took off 6 days for vacation. Instead of entering each of Jill’s vacations as three separate time-off requests into Woven, just enter one time off request that covers 6 days of vacation.
You can submit a time-off request on behalf of a team member by following the below steps:
1. Under your “MANAGEMENT” section, click on the “Schedules” option.
2. Woven will automatically direct you to the “Time Off Management” tab in the “Schedules” section.
3. Select the green “+ New Time Off Request” link which will open a pop-up window.
4. Select the team member for whom you want to enter their time-off request using the drop-down menu.
5. Click the “Continue” button which will direct you to a “New Time Off Request” page.
6. On this page, fill out the following:
a. Start Date – Select the first day the team member wants to take off from work.
b. End Date – Select the last day the team member wants to take off from work.
c. Reason – Choose from a list of reasons why this team member is requesting time off.
d, Comments – Provide any comments related to the team member’s request.
7. Before submitting this request, review the information on the right-hand side of your page. This information will:
a. Inform you of how many days your team member previously submitted or has taken off out of the total number of days they are allowed.
b. Notify or warn you about any issues with this request. For example, the system will warn you if your team member will exceed the allowable amount of time off for their position.
8. Upon review of the information you inputted, select the “Submit Request” button to complete the time-off request. As the manager, you will still need to approve or reject the request.